Happy new year everyone!!! Hope you all had a lovely christmas and are all geared up for 2016!
2015 was a bit of a weird year for me, with lot of changes and new things going on in my life. I quite like consistency and tend to freak out when confronted with massive changes. But, I reckon I've weathered them pretty well and things are looking pretty good.
So here's some fun stuff that happened in 2015 - while glide over the rubbish stuff cause rubbish stuff is rubbish.
1) I graduated form my masters degree with a distinction in musicology. I'm really proud of that one. I worked my socks off for it and so refuse to be modest about it!!
2) I started a new job. After trying very hard to find a graduate job I couldn't exactly afford to eb unemployed for much longer, so I am now working in a chocolate shop! don't get me wrong, it's fabulous! And I work with some truly lovely people. If I had to find a temporary job then I'm glad it was this one!
3) I applied for PhD. I don't know if I've been successful but at least I applied! I'm excited about that.
4) I completed NANOWRIMO! I've been wanting to do it for years but it never seemed to be the right time. I thoroughly enjoyed it this time though. The only things was that even after 50,000 words, my novel still its' complete. SO that's why as of two days ago, I started JANOWRIMO. I want to see this thing finished!
5) I also finished Inktober. That was a lot of fun. I didn't post anything on DA for fear of annoying people but it's on my tumblr and instagram pages
6) I played my first video game since I was a kid. My sister came home for the summer and told me that for every 500 words of my dissertation I did , she would let me play Bioshock. I didn't know what it was and wasn't that interested, but my sister has good taste so I gave it ago. I've never finished an essay so fast in my life! It's so good. So maybe 2016 will be the year of the video game for me. Do I need that in my life? Do I have time?! I don't know, but if there are more games like that out there, then sign me the hell up! Any suggestions for good video games for newbies?
7) I read a bunch of fabulous books. Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss; Soul Music my Terry Pratched (the first TP novel I've ever read - why have I not read them before!?); and i've just start The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (so far so excellent!).
And lots of other lovely things happened but I won't bore you with the extended list. I'm still working hard on improving my art and getting it is as good as I can, so as always comments and criticism are encouraged!! I value all of your support and help
I hope your 2016 brings you lots fun and awesomeness!